17 October 2009

Surf's Up

I'm off to the Great Ocean Road in approximately an hour and a half. Clearly that CLC on Straddie didn't get done; this week was just ridiculously hectic. Monday, Tuesday, and Wednesday were all super busy, and then I basically spent Thursday and Friday recovering. It's now very early Saturday morning; I stayed up all night catching up with people from home, and then I had to pack a lunch for today and clothes for the weekend.

The Early Voices Renaissance Dinner went very well on Tuesday night; it was just a long night. We were called at 5pm and rehearsed on and off until the dinner started at 7pm. Performances began at 8, and we weren't finished till 11.

Aside from that, it's just typical end-of-term work. Lots of assignments due in the coming weeks: groupwork, essays, and then preparing for exams. Luckily I only have two exams, though both are in philosophy subjects, so I'll actually have to study for those, haha. It's funny to see that some things are the same regardless of where you're going to uni. The end of term is always like this -- lots of last-second scrambling to learn and do the things you missed, whilst trying to get in the groove of churning out essays.

Nonetheless, I'm really looking forward to this weekend. The Great Ocean Road runs along the southeastern coast of Australia, and is home to some of the most spectacular sights I haven't gotten to see yet, including the Twelve Apostles and the Loch Ard Gorge, which are beautiful rock formations. I've seen some great photos, but rather than posting them here, I'm hoping to post some of my own when I get back. =)

Torquay, the "gateway" to the Great Ocean Road, is also considered by many to be the birthplace of surfing, and is home to the famous Bells Beach as well. We'll go surfing tomorrow as well. I'm particularly excited to get back on a surfboard, though it will probably be a bit chilly, considering we aren't exactly in sunny Queensland, and it's only October, so although spring has arrived, it hasn't really warmed up that much yet. Still, the forecast for this weekend looks good (17 today and 19 tomorrow -- that's around 64 today and 70 tomorrow, in Fahrenheit). And no rain, which will be a welcome change from the constant rain here in Melbourne.

Since this is Melbourne Uni's free excursion, all of the other Melbourne Uni kids will be on the trip as well. Despite the fact that so many of us live together, I haven't seen a lot of people in ages, so it'll be nice to catch up as well.

Hope everyone has a good weekend!

1 comments:

Unknown said...

haha SORRY -- i will correct it to NFL. glad you liked the post, wish sydney had been sunny for more than two hours, but it did make it cosier. =)

 
template by suckmylolly.com